Tyler Boehmer joined the staff at First United Methodist Church Leavenworth in September 2016. He loves to play the organ and piano for worship, and loves all the people he gets to work with. Tyler was born in Cardston, Alberta, Canada, and moved to Utah when he was 10. After graduating with a BM degree in Organ Performance from Brigham Young University, he began his Masters studies at the University of Kansas. In addition to practicing and performing, Tyler likes to do many things in his spare time. Whether it’s trying out new restaurants, going on random adventures with friends and family, traveling, reading, or playing almost any sport, he will be there!
1. Favorite Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:12 – “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
2. Favorite Movie: This one’s a tough one…maybe The Lion King
3. Favorite Food: This cannot be narrowed down to one; I really like food! But maybe my grandmother’s sweet rolls.
4. If I could have any occupation without restrictions, what would it be: Probably a Mormon Tabernacle Organist. Or a babysitter for all my nieces and nephews cause they’re so much fun to be around!
5. Favorite Musical Artists: Uh, duh! J.S. Bach tops the list every time! ( I do play the organ, after all 😉
6. What do I do for fun: Read, run, swim, play almost any sport, and practice
7. Best part of my job: The amazing people I get to work with!
8. Who inspires me: My parents top the list. They have taught me the value of hard work, creativity, and joy.
Tyler’s talent has taken him worldwide. He’s performed in a number of competitions, in France, Germany, Russia, Australia and even had a concert at the National Cathedral in Washington, DC. He has most recently been accepted into a 3-month Study Abroad in Germany. We will miss him while he’s gone but wish him the best of luck.