Director of Operations*
First United Methodist Church of Leavenworth Kansas has a very specific objective of growing in terms of spiritual commitment, connection with the community, and number of worshipers. The Director of Operations position is an integral component of our strategy to achieve that objective.
- Providing executive level leadership to the Church and related ministries
- Developing and executing plans
- Developing an effective organization to achieve ministry goals
- Providing management and guidance to key operational functions including finance and accounting, risk/safety, facilities, information technology, human resources, purchasing and procurement, marketing and communications, and special projects.
- Minimum of a four-year bachelor degree in business or related fields.
- Leadership and planning experience.
- Experience in the oversight of an organization’s administration, financial management, project management, staffing, and communication functions.
Applications/resumes will be accepted no later than May 29, 2020.
Do you love children? Want to make a little extra spending money? We need Adult and Youth (High School) Nursery Workers* for Sunday mornings as well as Mid-week. Contact the office for an application. (These positions are currently on hold due to the restrictions set by the Health Department and the State of Kansas during the COVID-19 outbreak)
Our AIR Dementia Ministries needs volunteers to help with music, arts and other activities each Monday from 1-4pm. We will be providing respite care to caregivers by offering a safe, fun environment for people who are in the early-mid stages of dementia. (These positions are currently on hold due to the restrictions set by the Health Department and the State of Kansas during the COVID-19 outbreak)
* All individuals employed by FUMC and/or working with children and people at risk must be certified through Safe Gatherings